Banana Cupcakes with Peanut Butter "Buttercream" Frosting

Tuesday, October 26, 2010





Last night was by far, the last reminder that I needed to see that summer is over. We had a windstorm that started around 4:00 and we are still under a warning for it until 7:00 tonight and it’s crazy out there! Between the howling winds and the fireplace crackling, I got the urge to bake sweet delicious treats…although for once in my life I had no desire to eat any! I do bake when I’m bored, and baking is a “comfort” thing for me. Half the time, I don’t even try my sweet treats and end up being the office favorite the next day when I bring in a tray of whatever I created the night before. But I did try one of these last night, because it was my first time trying to make a peanut butter frosting, and let me tell you, the super dense but really moist cake with the fluffy peanut butter frosting was enough to make you melt away on such a bitter, blustery Wisconsin night.


Banana Cupcakes with Whipped Peanut Butter Frosting

Cupcake:

Use the cake recipe I posted here, but only bake for 18-20 minutes.

Frosting:

1 cup creamy peanut butter
½ cup vegan margarine, softened
½ teaspoon vanilla
2-4 tablespoons of soymilk (depending on how thick or creamy you want your frosting)
2 cups vegan powdered sugar

Whisk all ingredients together until smooth and fluffy.

I topped these with one of my favorite Halloween candies, which I nearly flew over the moon for when I saw vegan ones at my local Whole Foods! They were a little pricey, and were homemade by a local candy shop, but they are well worth it!

4 comments:

AKM said...

These sound dreamy! YUM! Speaking of Halloween candy, I'm on the hunt for vegan candy corn but to no avail... :-(

Danielle said...

I had seen a lot of recipes for it, and was going to attempt to make some, but then found these at Whole Foods instead. If you "Google" vegan candy corn, a lot of recipes come up. Good luck and I hope you can find some or make some, too!

Kali Mustafa said...

This is a bad ass blog...

Unknown said...

I made this banana cake for my birthday. It was so yummy!

Post a Comment

I love your feedback. Thanks for stopping by!

Chronicles of a Dairyland Vegan Copyright © 2009 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template for Bie Blogger Template Vector by DaPino