Pumpkin Carving and Seed Roasting Good Times!

Sunday, October 24, 2010

Had such a blast today! First, the man and me went and got our vegan pizza on at one of the places having a special for World Go Vegan Week (review coming up!).

Got home, and decided we needed to get our pretty pumpkins carved so we could have some super yummy roasted seeds!!

My favorite part!!!





My Pumpkin




Julian's Pumpkin



They look so good on the porch!



Once we worked our way through all the pumpkin guts and separated the seeds, I made some awesome and really easy roasted pumpkin seeds!



Rinse your pumpkin seeds really well.








Boil seeds. Use 2 cups of water for every 1/2 cup of seeds you have, and 1/2 a tablespoon of salt for every cup of water. Then, just because I need everything in my life to have a bite, I added a tablespoon of cayenne pepper. Let the seeds boil for ten minutes, then drain.

Spread seeds on a baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil, about a tablespoon, and add your seasonings. I like to keep it simple, because they are so delicious anyway. I just sprinkle a tiny bit more sea salt and some black pepper on them. Take a spatula and stir/blend well, so all seeds have olive oil on them. Put in the oven on the top rack at 400 for about 10-20 minutes, depending on how crisp you like your seeds (I did ours for about 13 minutes). Take out, let them cool down, then enjoy!!!





Hope you all had a wonderfully-autumn weekend!!

2 comments:

LittleHouseofVeggies said...

You KILLED it with your pumpklin carving!! I love it! Love roasted pumpkin seeds too!

Danielle said...

Thank you! Yes, the pumpkin seeds are delicious...will be a great snack for work this week! And I can't take all the credit for the pumpkin...I took a photo off of the internet and traced it onto my pumpkin...lol!

Post a Comment

I love your feedback. Thanks for stopping by!

Chronicles of a Dairyland Vegan Copyright © 2009 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template for Bie Blogger Template Vector by DaPino