"Leftover" Pizzas!

Monday, May 17, 2010

So every once and a while, you look in your fridge, and see about 4 Tupperware containers full of food left over from your previous meals that week. For me, it usually (and luckily) tends to occur on those days where I just don’t feel like cooking! Well, I came up with a quick and easy solution to this the other day, although it’s not the healthiest and I wouldn’t recommend it on a regular basis, but it’s fun, easy, and enjoyable! Please enjoy a slice of my vegan “leftover” pizza!


Store-bought vegan pizza crust (I got mine at Trader Joe’s)
Leftover tomato-veggie sauce from the gnocchi
Leftover Smart Grounds protein crumbles from the "Beefy" Gorditas
Leftover pepper slices (I freeze these after slicing and keep bags of them in the freezer for easy additions to meals)
Daiya Cheese Substitute (this goes bad after opening in about 5-7 days, and I had about half a bag left since I use it sparingly, so used it up on the pizza)

Sauce up your pizza crust with the leftover veggie sauce and sprinkle with the Smart Grounds. Layer on the frozen peppers (amount is to your liking) and cover with Daiya cheese shreds (I’m sure the mozzarella flavor would be great on pizza, but like I said, this was a leftover creation!). Follow directions for pizza on the crust package. Mine said to cook at 450 for ten minutes. Slice, and enjoy!

Now, I know that this really isn’t a ‘recipe’ per se…but every so often, you just miss things like pizza! It’s also fun and super easy to make on nights when you don’t have a lot of time, or it’s great for a party too! My omnivore taste-tester ate over half the pizza, and didn’t even turn his nose up at it like he does at some things with artificial cheese on them! It’s good for slumber parties if you have kids (much better than feeding them cow puss on a bleached crust), and great for those lazy Friday movie-marathon nights. So pull out all those leftovers, and put them to use in this quick and simple meal!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love your feedback. Thanks for stopping by!

Chronicles of a Dairyland Vegan Copyright © 2009 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template for Bie Blogger Template Vector by DaPino