"Shout at the Devil" Spicy Black Bean Guacamole

Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Okay, so I’m not gonna lie, I was in the mood for some serious junk food the other day. Well, the sucky thing is, I’m actually trying to avoid said “junk” food as I am trying to make a little less of myself at the moment. Looking through the fridge and the cupboards to see what I had lying around to turn into something I could fool myself into thinking was junk, I came up with a little something special. I took two of my favorite foods, black beans and avocados, and turned them into another one of my favorite foods, guacamole! I was told it would taste better with cilantro, and I’m sure it would! Unfortunately for me, cilantro makes my gums swell up like nobody’s business! So obviously, you won’t find it in my recipes, but feel free to add cilantro to your heart’s content! I also tend to add a lot more chili powder than most people can handle, but I like a burn, so you might want to taste as you add so it isn’t too spicy for you. I ended up smothering this on a whole grain tortilla, popping it in a 450 oven for about 8 minutes, and my junk food craving was more than satisfied, and there was no junk necessary! Definitely give this recipe the good ole’ college try!

Ingredients:
1 avocado, peeled and pitted
1 (19 ounce) can black beans (rinsed and drained)
1 roma tomato (seeded and chopped)
1 jalapeno pepper, chopped
2 teaspoon chili powder (less if you can’t handle spicy heat)
1 teaspoon cumin (toasted and ground)
salt and pepper to taste
1 lime (juice)

Directions:
1. Mash everything together (I prefer to do this part with my hands whilst headbanging to some Motley Crue) until the desired consistency is reached. You may want to use a food processor or whatnot, but I enjoy mashing all things involving avocado with my (clean) hands. It gives it a nice, unpredictable texture, and the oils from the avocado always make my hands feel super good!

Now, I took a couple pictures of this, but let’s be honest. Take a look at these ingredients. Better yet, make this recipe yourself. It doesn’t take a genius to figure out that the end result of this combination probably doesn’t look too pretty. So instead, I leave you with some stock photos of lovely avocados…nature’s perfect food!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love your feedback. Thanks for stopping by!

Chronicles of a Dairyland Vegan Copyright © 2009 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template for Bie Blogger Template Vector by DaPino