Farmer's Market Recipes

Wednesday, June 2, 2010

My favorite thing about going to the Farmer’s Market each week, is that every week, there is always something new that is in season. This week, the market was flowing with all sorts of potatoes!! The best part, one farmer was so excited about this gorgeous white potato that he grew for the first time this year, he handed me five pounds, wouldn’t take payment, just told me to come back next week and tell him how they were! Well, this cocky farmer knew I’d be in love, because he now has a customer for life!! So, with my large bag full of goodies from the market, I went home and started putting together some delicious goods:



Salad with spray-free mixed greens, tomatoes, squash, and chickpeas – all from the Farmer’s Market. (Ignore the Jack Daniel's...it's the rocker in me, I can't help it!!)


Potatoes, chopped asparagus, 3 tsp. minced garlic, olive oil to coat potatoes, onion powder, popped in the oven at 425, taking out and shaking up a bit every ten minutes for 40 minutes. Potatoes and asparagus from the Farmer’s Market.



Sunshine Burger patty marinated in BBQ sauce, sliced tomatoes and pickles on whole grain pita with spicy hummus. Tomatoes and pickles both from the Farmer’s Market.

Cheap, delicious produce like this is the number one reason I freaking love summertime! And each week, it’s just gonna keep on getting better!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love your feedback. Thanks for stopping by!

Chronicles of a Dairyland Vegan Copyright © 2009 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template for Bie Blogger Template Vector by DaPino