Shoutout to Tom's Shoes!!

Wednesday, April 28, 2010


So yesterday was a very sad day for me. I’m a mini-hoarder, you may say. To me, if something is still useable, than there’s no way you are going to get me to give it up! Well, I decided it was finally time to do some cleanup. I ended up loading two bags of stuff to take to Goodwill, and unfortunately, throwing some things away that just couldn’t be salvaged. One of those things were my beloved Tom’s Shoes. I have had this particular pair of shoes for almost five years. Beautiful olive green plaid canvas shoes that were the most comfortable things I have ever owned. Even recently, I slide them on to go to the market or wherever, regardless of the holes in them and the large holes in the soles. Alas, all good things must come to an end. But, on the bright side, this just means that I can get a new pair now!! I absolutely love supporting this company, and if you haven’t heard of them, I definitely think you should all take a look at what they have to offer. Most of their shoes are vegan, but not 100% of them, but if you go on their website, it’s easy to navigate directly to their vegan shoes. The best part about these shoes? Well, for every pair of shoes you buy, the company donates a pair to a child in need. Even in an economy like this, there is a company that is still totally about helping save the world, and not just about the bottom line. Some people may think that spending $50 on a pair of fabric slip-on shoes is a lot, but when you think about it, you’re actually buying two pairs of shoes! And seriously, these shoes are super cute, ultra comfy, and they last forever! I honestly wore mine at least 4-5 times a week, basically any time I wasn’t working, these were the shoes I wore! You definitely get your money’s worth from these shoes, and at the same time, you are helping a child in need! Plus, no animals are harmed in the making of these shoes, and some are even made out of recycled items like tires and plastic bottles and such! The company ensures that human rights standards are constantly adhered to in their factories, and they don’t pay their workers crap wages either. Eco-friendly, animal-friendly, people-friendly…what is not to love about this company?!

Learn more here: http://www.toms.com/movement-one-for-one

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love your feedback. Thanks for stopping by!

Chronicles of a Dairyland Vegan Copyright © 2009 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template for Bie Blogger Template Vector by DaPino