Fiesta Food!

Thursday, April 29, 2010


Well, it’s official – I’m getting old. I’m beginning to get excited over things that I used to think were just for “old” people – grocery shopping, cooking, sleeping…ha! I went grocery shopping last night, and I just want to say that since removing all meat, dairy, processed food from our house (aside from eggs, which the man still can’t get enough of…yuck! Luckily I was never a huge fan of chicken fetus!) had made our grocery bill drop IMMENSELY! We bought about two months worth of beans and grains, too, on top of all of our fresh produce, frozen produce, breads, and stuff that needs to be replenished more often, and our bill was less than it usually is for one week’s worth of our old groceries! Easy on the body, environment, and the pocketbook!! That’s what I like!


So, after grocery shopping, I wasn’t in the best cooking mood, so I just threw something together super quick that was absolutely delicious!! So, without anymore rambling from me, I give to you:

Vegan Mexican Pizza
Ingredients:

1 whole grain tortilla
1/8 can of vegan refried beans
½ can green chiles
2 tblsp Tofutti “Sour Cream”
1 medium size tomato, chopped
Chile Limon or other Mexican spice (I use this one, because I love things super spicy!)
Thinly sliced bell peppers (doesn’t matter what color, I like to use red, green, and yellow to make it pretty, but it honestly doesn’t make a difference)
1 small can of black olives, sliced in half lengthwise


Preheat oven to 400. In a small skillet, sauté peppers until soft.


Spread refried beans on a whole grain tortilla. Sprinkle half of your green chili on top. Over this, spread “sour cream”, then sprinkle with as little or as much chile limon you can handle! Cover this with the sautéed peppers and chopped tomatoes, and sprinkle the remaining half of your green chili on top. Place on a baking sheet or pizza sheet (really doesn’t matter) and bake for 10 minutes, or until hot. Put on a sombrero, sip a margarita, and enjoy!!


p.s. Feel free to add vegan cheese, avocado, corn, or whatever flips your skirt up on this one...these are just the ingredients I used this time. Trust me, if I hadn't been too lazy to peel up an avocado (like I said before, really wasn't in the mood to cook!), it would have definitely been topping off this delicious quick meal!

1 comments:

veronica said...

Oooh, that sounds yummy! I do love a good fiesta night meal. :)

Post a Comment

I love your feedback. Thanks for stopping by!

Chronicles of a Dairyland Vegan Copyright © 2009 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template for Bie Blogger Template Vector by DaPino