Flower Composting!!

Wednesday, April 21, 2010


Happy Administrative Professionals Day!! Yeah, quite honestly, I had no idea this pseudo-holiday existed until today, but I’m glad it does, because I got beautiful flowers from my bosses today!! I love flowers, and have recently discovered how great they can be once they are past their ‘viewing’ prime. I like rinsing off the leaves and petals really well and giving my Bearded Dragon Shredder a lovely treat! The parts that he doesn’t eat are great for composting! You can make the most amazing soil for your gardens, but make sure not to add the water the flowers were sitting in to your compost pile! Most florists add chemicals that you don’t want in your compost pile! I have started a small compost pile on my balcony. When it rained a few weeks ago, there seemed to be an earthworm infestation in our driveway, so I gathered up as many of the little guys as I could, and started my own compost pile! Not only is it amazing how quickly they multiply, but it’s incredible to see how quickly they break things down! Nearly all of our food scraps, peels, etc. go to our compost pile (it’s actually a bucket, but I digress) and within days these amazing guys break it down into a soil! Not only am I getting the best possible soil for my herbs to grow in, but it cuts down on our trash significantly!! I highly recommend getting a compost bucket to anyone who wants the most amazing soil for their gardens!
On another note, I tried a vegan frozen dinner last night, and I have to admit, it was pretty amazing!! It was a Non-Dairy, Gluten-Free Rice Macaroni and Cheeze by Amy’s Organics, and no lie, I liked it better than any REAL mac ‘n cheese that I’ve ever had!! It was delicious!! Definitely check out t his review for some super tasty pictures too! But honestly, if you’re in a rush and don’t have time to cook, these are simply amazing, and I’m pretty sure you can find them in any grocery store too, and not just health food stores! Give it a shot if you’re in a rush. They are not only gluten-free, but soy-free as well, so literally anyone can eat this tasty tasty meal!

2 comments:

Carla said...

Amy's is an awesome brand of frozen foods. I am in love with their Texas veggie burger and no cheese pizza. Amazing!

Danielle said...

Yeah, I have had this brand two or three times. I try to reeeaaaallllyyy limit my processed food intake, but I have found this brand to be the best in a bind or for a quick fix!

Post a Comment

I love your feedback. Thanks for stopping by!

Chronicles of a Dairyland Vegan Copyright © 2009 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template for Bie Blogger Template Vector by DaPino