Creamy, Cheesy Mexicali Chick'n Bake

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Alright, I'm not gonna lie. I'm not a big fan of cooking with processed foods (fake cheese, fake meat, etc.). I tend to use them to excentuate a meal for someone who doesn't normally eat vegan, and who wants cheese, or meat or the like. HOWEVER, sometimes I am feeling exceptionally lazy, and just don't feel like taking time to perfectly chop veggies and rinse grains and la-di-freakin'-da. Like last night. I wanted a quick, easy meal that would be filling, and that my now nearly veg fiance (meat-free for over 2 months, with a few seafood exceptions!) would also enjoy. So, I raided his stash of Gardein and Galaxy Vegan Cheese, and re-created one of our old, carniverous favorite meals. And let me tell you, this was just as good as the real thing! Not only that, but it tastes like there is no possible way that it can be good for you, but it's super low cal, low fat, and high in nutrients. So squeeze some lime in my tequila, throw on your fiesta jams, and enjoy this recipe!!

Creamy, Cheesy Mexicali Chick'n Bake

1-4 pieces of Gardein Chickn' Scallopini (depending on how many are eating)

Taco or Enchilada Sauce of your choosing

Tofutti Non-Hydrogenated "Better Than Cream Cheese" (Plain flavor)

Shredded Vegan Cheese (I used Galaxy Rice Vegan Cheddar)

Preheat oven to 350. In a glass baking dish, line the bottom with your taco or enchilada sauce (thin layer). Take your cream cheese, and spread on each piece of Scallopini. Place the scallopini cream cheese side up in the baking dish. Cover with additional taco/enchilada sauce. Cover dish with tinfoil and bake for 15 minutes. Remove from oven, sprinkle with cheese (as little or as much as you like) and put back in the oven (no foil this time) for an additional 15 minutes.

I served this with some quick homemade spanish rice, a can of organic non-fat refried beans, and drizzled the remaining sauce over all three. Quick, easy, and to die for. Now THAT'S what I call dinner success!!


(Camera Phone shot...not the greatest, but you get the idea!)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love your feedback. Thanks for stopping by!

Chronicles of a Dairyland Vegan Copyright © 2009 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template for Bie Blogger Template Vector by DaPino